Economic Development Committee
- Cathy Clark, Chair, Member At Large
- Joeci Gilchrest, Member At Large
- Jeanne Dupre, Member At Large
- Maryrae Holman, Agricultural Commission
- Ana Lockwood, Open Space Representative
Section 1: General
The Lunenburg Economic Development Committee is being formed by the Planning Board in order to better assist, counsel, and advise the residents of Lunenburg, the Planning Board, other Town Boards and Departments, and Lunenburg businesses on ways to promote the local economy.
Section 2: Functions
Mission: The Lunenburg Economic Development Committee is committed to promoting business development that will enhance the character, culture, and commerce in Lunenburg. The Committee shall investigate current economic conditions to provide advice to Town Departments on economic development policy; meet and work with current Lunenburg businesses and prospective businesses; coordinate its activities with the appropriate Town Boards and Commissions; and work cooperatively with businesses and state agencies to retain, develop and promote businesses in Lunenburg.
Section 3: Membership & Meetings
- The Committee shall be composed of five regular members serving three-year terms appointed by the Planning Board as follows: One member recommended by the Agricultural Commission that owns a business in Lunenburg and shall initially be appointed for a three-year term; One member recommended by the Open Space Committee and shall initially be appointed for a three-year term; One member recommended by the Conservation Commission and shall initially be appointed for a two-year term; Two members that are residents of Lunenburg, one shall initially be appointed for a two-year term and one shall initially be appointed for a one year term. In addition to the regular members, there will be four ex-officio members as follows: One member of the Select Board chosen annually by the Select Board; One member of the Planning Board chosen annually by the Planning Board; The Land Use Director. A Lunenburg Business Owner
- After the initial term, all members shall serve a three-year term.
- Voting Power: All duly appointed members shall have full voting power, ex-officio members shall not have the power to vote.
- Resignation: Members of the Committee shall notify the Chairman of the Committee and the Planning Board of their resignation.
- Vacancies: Any vacancies shall be filled in the same manner as the original appointment.
- The election of officers including at least a Chairman, Vice-Chairman, and Clerk and shall be elected annually by a majority vote of the Committee.
- A quorum shall consist of three members.
- The Committee shall keep a recording of minutes and votes of all meetings as prescribed by the Open Meeting Law. This charge may be amended at any time.