Programs & Services
Programs at the Lunenburg Adult Activity Center
- Arts and Crafts Classes
- Book Club
- Healthy Living Support Group
- Cards and Games
- Coffee Cafe
- Educational Programs
- Fitness Classes
- The file of Life Forms
- Friendly Visitor Program
- Health Care Proxy Forms
- SHINE (Serving Health Information Needs of Elders)
- Health Screenings such as Blood Pressure and Flu Clinics
- Information and Referral
- Intergenerational Activities
- Large Print and Audio Lending Library
- Line Dancing
- Luncheon Daily
- Meals on Wheels
- Mah Jong
- Memory Cafe
- Outdoor Recreational Activities
- Free Movies
- Social Activities
- Pool Table
If you need help with SNAP applications our Outreach Coordinator is here to assist you, appointment only. Tuesday to Friday 10 am to 1 pm.
For more information on income eligibility or to make an appointment, call 978-582-4166.
What is SNAP?
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program formerly known as food stamps
- 100% Federally funded program regulated by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Administered by the Massachusetts Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA)
Who Qualifies for SNAP?
- Low-income household including:
- Families with children
- Pregnant women
- Senior Citizens
- Persons with disabilities
- Unemployed and low-wage individuals
Sand for Seniors Program
This program is for Lunenburg residents age 60+ who are frail or disabled people under 60 that may find it difficult to sand their driveways and walkways.
Apartment complexes, Condominiums, and Mobile Home Parks do not qualify for this program.
This program is not intended to be used as a substitute for the public sand suspension at the DPW.
If you do not qualify for the program, buckets of sand are available for purchase at reasonable fees, at local sand and gravel businesses.
Your cooperation in following the guidelines of our program would be much appreciated or we will no longer be able to continue with this valuable program for those truly in need.
To apply call the center at 978-582-4166 and ask for Pauline Roy, Outreach Coordinator (please do not contact the DPW or Fire Department)
If approved, a member of the Lunenburg Fire Department will deliver one, 5-gallon bucket of sand to your home and while there, will check your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors for you.
We would like to thank the Lunenburg DPW and Lunenburg Fire Department for their support and help with this program.
A Memory Cafe is a social gathering place for individuals living with dementia and their care partners. Guests are welcome whose dementia is due to an underlying condition, or in any stage of the disease progression. Care partners include spouses, children, friends, and professional caregivers.
- We offer a Memory Cafe "Lending Library" with books and literature written for those with Dementia/Alzheimers and Caregivers.
- We also offer "Caregiver Toolkits" filled with support information for family or friends who are caring for a person with Dementia/Alzheimers
- For more information please call us at 978-582-4166.
"Cup of Joy" Memory Cafe at the Lunenburg Adult Activity
The Cup of Joy Memory Cafe provides peer support - coffee - treats- enjoyable activities in an informal, relaxed, and stigma-free environment all at no charge to participants.
Last Friday of each month 10 am to noon.
To learn more about Memory Cafe, please see this Youtube video.