Treasurer/Tax Collector Department
The Treasurer/Collector's Office provides administrative and supervisory work in the collection of all monies due the Town, in the receipt, expenditure, and custody of municipal funds, the borrowing of money, and the custody of tax title properties.
There are multiple ways the payments can be made when they are not in demand notice or past due. They can be made:
- There is a locked drop box located at Town Hall to the left of the front door for non-cash payments. Payments left in the locked drop box can be expected to be processed on the next business day.
- Payments can be mailed to: Town of Lunenburg, Tax Collector's Office, P.O. Box 135, Lunenburg, MA 01462
- Payments can be mailed to the Boston Lock Box: Town of Lunenburg, P.O. Box 986500, Boston, MA 02298-6500
- Payments can be made using the online payment method through Unipay Gold
For RE, PP UB, Tax Title & Motor Vehicle Excise Tax Original Bills & Demand Bills Online Payments
For Delinquent Excise Tax that are under Kelley & Ryan Associates Online Payments, Taxes that are under the Deputy Collector
For Demand Payments, payments must be mailed to Town of Lunenburg, Tax Collector's Office.
For the Motor Vehicle Excise Taxes that are past the demand billing and that are under the Deputy Collector Kelley & Ryan Associates Mail your payment to:
Deputy Tax Collector
P.O. Box 203
Milford, MA 01757
Within the following pages, you will find information and answers to many of your questions regarding Tax Collection for the Town of Lunenburg as well as the Massachusetts General Laws regarding the issuance and collection of taxes in general.
If you have any remaining questions please feel free to contact the office directly.
- What if I don't get my bill?
You should contact the Tax Collector's office at 978-582-4132 for the amount due. Under Mass. Gen. Law failure to receive a tax bill does not negate the validity of the bill and/or penalties and interest it may accumulate.
- Where do I mail my payment?
Please mail your payment and remittance to:
Tax Collector's Office
PO Box 135
17 Main Street
Lunenburg, MA 01462
If you would like a receipt please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- Can I pay my tax bill with a credit card?
Yes, online payments can be made with a credit card such as Master Card, American Express, and Visa Card. Currently, payments made directly at the Tax Collector's office must be made by cash, check or money order. We do not have the ability to accept credit card payments over the counter.
- Can I pay my taxes online?
Yes. There is an online payment key on the home page of the Lunenburg Online website which will walk you through paying online.
Note: Please make sure that you have the correct bill number for the current Tax year. Each Tax payer is assigned a different bill Number and it changes every Fiscal Year. If you think that you do not have the right information, Please contact the Tax Collector's office at 978-582-4132 and we would gladly assist you.