The Building Department assists citizen property owners with questions regarding the use of their property. It is responsible for reviewing and processing all residential and commercial permits that are submitted, as well as following the progress of a particular job or project. This department is also responsible for building code and zoning compliance.
The online permitting includes various permits, including:
A Drop Box has been installed at the entrance of the Ritter Building (960 Lancaster Avenue). Please drop any materials for the Building Department in this box.
Please notify the Building Department office if you do so. This box is checked periodically during business hours.
Electrical, Gas, and Plumbing applications are being processed at the Building Department Office, Ritter Memorial Building, 960 Massachusetts Avenue, Lunenburg. All inspections must be scheduled directly with Electrical Inspector Baron Bowser, (978) 314-3101 and Gas and Plumbing Inspector Gary Williams 978-265-6540. Electrical, Gas, and Plumbing applications and fee schedules are available, see Department Documents.
- Building Department Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Building/Zoning Complaint Form (PDF)
- Commercial Building Permit Application- New Construction and Remodeling (PDF)
- Driveway Permit Application (PDF)
- Electrical Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Form of Intent (PDF)
- Gas Application (PDF)
- Lunenburg 40B ZBA Rules and Registration - June 29, 2017 (PDF)
- Mechanical/Sheet Metal Permit Application (PDF)
- Plumbing and Gas Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Plumbing Applications (PDF)
- Sign Permit Application (PDF)
- Wiring Permit Form (PDF)
- ZBA Applications Form (PDF)
- Zoning Determination Form (PDF)